Ready to move it–and make a difference? Called “Fashion’s Night Out for Fitness,” NYC’s second annual Sweaty Saturday happens this Saturday, 2/22. Dozens of NYC fitness studios will participate, some providing special gifts, live music and snacks, and all donating a percentage of proceeds from the day to Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA), a childhood obesity non-profit.
A sampling of who, when, where–and what you get:
- ((305)) Fitness (Chelsea): 9am class; each purchase of ((305))’s signature “Make Sweat Sexy” tank ($32) will benefit PHA
- Barry’s Bootcamp (Tribeca): “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” themed TRX class at 5:45pm, led by instructor duo Amber & Lindsey
- BRICK CrossFit (Chelsea): 9:45am and 12:30pm BIX classes, mixing high-intensity intervals with conditioning
- Brooklyn Bodyburn (Williamsburg): 11:30am and 12:30pm classes; live DJ, Juice Press tasting and giveaway (dinner & wine pairings for two)
- City Row (Flatiron): 12:30pm Signature Row
- Cyc (Astor Place): 9:30am class
- FlyWheel: 9:30am class at UES, UWS, Flatiron & Tribeca studios
- I.AM.YOU. (Little Italy): 11am and 2pm classes; DETOX to RETOX gift bag
- SLT (Soho & Midtown): 3:30pm MENgaformer (Soho) & interval (Midtown) classes, plus a $100 donation to PHA crowns you DJ for a day–you can curate the playlist for a future class–and with a $500 donation, you get a private session for 10 of your friends
- SWERVE (Flatiron): 9:30am class
- The Tracy Anderson Method (Tribeca): Three classes open to non-members: 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30pm
Follow me, @FitGirlRachel, on Twitter and Instagram for live updates from Thursday’s press preview. And, in the meantime, log on to check out the studios’ offerings and select your class. See you on Saturday.