At the end of the day, it’s always easier to skip the gym. You’re tired, you’re hungry and sweatpants (at home) sound more much appealing than sweating it out (anywhere). I totally know.
But, consistency is the determining factor when it comes to increasing and maintaining your fitness. Setting yourself up for success starts at the office. So, stock your desk with extra gear, travel-sized products and pre-packaged snacks to break the start-and-stop pattern that’s derailing your evening exercise routine.
Here, my checklist of essentials to keep you going, long after the work day is done.
1. Extra clothes (these are the items usually forgotten; if they’re already in your desk, there are no excuses!):
- Tank (I love the Cory Vines Racerback)
- Sports bra
- Extra pair of sneakers
2. Headband & hairspray: Slip on a stretchy headband, flip your head over and spray, flip back up and tie your hair in a pony with a little extra lift; I wear lululemon and Sparkly Soul, depending on my mood (STRENGTH+Sole promise: how put together you feel is directly linked to your desire to kill it at the gym).
3. Facial wipes: Try Neutrogena’s Makeup Remover resealable pack–won’t dry out before your next workout.
- BB cream or concealer (no need to be completely barefaced; P.S. nearly all of my makeup is by Bobbi Brown, which feels very light)
- Lipgloss or balm, like this one from Burt’s Bees
1. Greek yogurt mixed with nuts: I eat Chobani’s collection of fruit flavors and Fage Total 0% plain
2. Energy bars: Try Luna, Larabar and KIND
3. Fresh fruit: clementine oranges, small apples
4. Hummus (go for classic, steer clear of spicy) with mini carrots
5. Water: 16.9 oz. or bigger; even better, an eco-friendly refillable bottle by Klean Kanteen or Nalgene
Photos by Roopa Bhopale, shot at Hive at 55, New York City.
2 thoughts on “What’s Inside My Desk”
Love this very thorough post
So much to think about just to be skinny I want different genes !!!